Get to Know Humile Mjongile, Paul Mashatile’s new wife. After the tragic passing of his wife, Manzi Ellen Mashatile, two years ago, South Africa’s recently appointed Deputy President, Paul Mashatile, has found love once more. Mashatile took a big move toward getting engaged to Humile Mjongile last Saturday when he paid her lobola.
Get to Know Humile Mjongile, Paul Mashatile’s new wife.
Here is all you need to know about South Africa’s new second lady, Humile Mjongile.
- Humile Mjongile, formerly Humile Bogatsu, was born in Johannesburg and changed her name after getting married to Songezo Mjongile, a former ANC Western Cape Secretary, in 2011. Songezo Mjongile passed away in 2020 following a protracted battle with colon cancer.
- Tebogo, her sibling, accompanied her down the aisle in 2011.
- Zondwa Songezo Jr. and Goapele Zenani Mjongile, two offspring of Humile Mjongile, are her son and daughter, respectively.
- She formerly served as the executive secretary to Leonard Cheune, the head of Athletics South Africa (ASA), and was once caught licking his fingers at a party. Cheune bought a former employee’s silence about his relationship with Humile with ASA money.
- In 2011, Humile Mjongile, who had a security business in Cape Town, wed Songezo Mjongile. She established the Songezo Mjongile Foundation in his honor a year after her spouse passed away from cancer.
Zimoja estimates her age at 37, making her 24 years younger than South Africa’s incoming vice president, Paul Mashatile.
Mashatile, a well-known ANC official, dispatched representatives to Humile Mjongile’s residence in Leondale, Johannesburg, to conduct lobola talks. Ncane Mashatile, his younger sibling, led the group of eight men.
Paul Mashatile is currently being sued for theft and perjury, but the ANC has defended him. Sello Molefe, an ANC North West member, charged Mashatile with lying while under oath and deceiving the North West High Court to favor the ANC.