According to Forbes, the TOP 5 Richest Women in the World 2022 list has been filled with disbelief and unexpected turnabout as some of the wealth are as a result of divorce and hence much talk!
Women are conquering the world and showing that they can also achieve whatever anyone can. 5of these women are the richest in the world and role models to others aspiring to greatness.
1. Francoise Bettencourt Meyers & Family
Françoise Bettencourt Meyers is a French businesswoman, philanthropist, writer, pianist, and billionaire heiress, the richest woman in the world, with an estimated net worth of US$75.3 billion as of March 2022, according to Forbes.
- Françoise Bettencourt Meyers is a French billionaire heiress and the richest woman in the world.
- Raised to be a strict Catholic, she has written several Bible commentaries and works on Jewish-Christian relations.
- She is the only daughter and heiress of Liliane Bettencourt.
Francoise Bettencourt Meyers is the richest woman in the world with a net worth of $74.9 billion.
- She inherited her fortune from her mother, Liliane Bettencourt, who died in 2017.
- Liliane’s father founded L’Oreal, a cosmetic company on whose board Francoise has served since 1997.
- The richest woman in the world is 68 years old.
- Born: July 10, 1953 (age 69 years), Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- Nationality: French
- Net worth: 74.9 billion USD (2022) Forbes
- Organization founded: Fondation Pour l’Audition
- Grandparents: Eugène Schueller, Louise Madeleine Berthe, MORE
- Great-grandparents: Catherine Bettencourt, Charles Schueller, MORE
- Children: Jean-Victor Meyers, Nicolas Meyers
2. Alice Walton
- Alice Louise Walton is an American heiress to the fortune of Walmart.
- In September 2016, she owned over US$11 billion in Walmart shares. As of February 2021, Walton has a net worth of $68 billion, making her the 17th-richest person, and the second richest woman in the World
Alice Walton is worth $61.8 billion which makes her the second-richest woman in the world.
- Her source of wealth is the retail giant, Walmart.
- The 71-year-old American woman lost the number one spot to Meyers.
- Alice Walton is the daughter of Walmart founder, Sam Walton.
3. MacKenzie Scott
- Jeff Bezos’ ex-wife is worth $53 billion. Her source of wealth is Amazon.
- Her marriage with Bezos ended in 2019, which became the beginning of her journey to the list of the world’s top female billionaires.
- The number three richest woman is 53 years and from the United States.
4. Julia Koch & Family
- Julia Koch is worth $56.4 billion. She and her children have a 42% stake in the family business, Koch Industries.
- The list of the top 7 richest women in the world is finally out, Jeff Bezos’ ex-wife is number 3
Julia Koch’s net worth is $56.4 billion.
- Julia Margaret Flesher Koch is an American socialite, billionaire, philanthropist, and one of the richest women in the world. She inherited her fortune from her husband, David Koch, who died in 2019.
- Born: April 12, 1962 (age 60 years), Des Moines, Iowa, United States
- Full name: Julia Flesher Koch
- Nationality: American
- Education: University of Central Arkansas
- Net worth: 56.6 billion USD (2022) Forbes
- Spouse: David Koch (m. 1996–2019)
- Children: Mary Julia Koch, John Mark Koch, David Koch Jr.
5. Miriam Adelson
- The 75-year-old American woman is the fifth richest woman in the world with a net worth of $38.2 billion.
- She controls a 56% stake in cas*no operator Las Vegas Sands.
- Miriam Adelson is an Israeli American physician and billionaire. After her marriage to American business magnate Sheldon Adelson in 1991, she became a donor to conservative political causes in the United States and Israel. Wikipedia
Born: October 10, 1945 (age 76 years), Mandatory Palestine
Net worth: 28.2 billion USD (2022) Forbes
Award: Presidential Medal of Freedom (2018)
Spouse: Sheldon Adelson (m. 1991–2021)
Education: Hebrew University of Jerusalem (BS); Tel Aviv University (MD)